Greetings everyone,
Great to read all the replies generated by my post. I'll answer a few questions that came up. Regarding photos of the system, I'll try my best to make that happen. The system won't be in place again until the end of May so it'll be another month before I'll have the chance. It's a busy day, as described earlier but I'd be happy to get some photos if I can.
The theatre I work at is the Paramount Theatre, which I neglected to mention earlier. Folks around the Seattle area are familiar with it as a venue for musical theatre, rock shows, comedy shows, and even private events such as auctions, weddings, etc., as our main floor seating system is convertible, with the typical raked seating able to turn into a flat floor with no seats. So dinner tables can be set and a stage presentation can be enjoyed while a meal is served. It also comes in handy for some rock shows where seats are just going to be in the way. The balcony seats are always in place, just the main floor is convertible. The floor system was installed in 1997, definately not an original feature from 1928! Modern films are rarely shown, though as I mentioned in my earlier post, we do a silent movie series a couple times a year, with our original 1928 Wurlizer organ used for accompaniment.
Thanks again everyone and I'll keep checking back to the forum for more words of wisdom.